Christmas is officially less than two weeks away which it makes it about that time to get that party dress ready for the onslaught of Christmas parties and lunches. Whether you need a dress for Christmas day itself, or a piece you want to pull out for New Year’s eve celebrations, this season is all about pulling all the stops and looking your absolute best while parading in your most lavish pieces.
With plenty of Christmas shopping to do the last thing you have time for is looking for that ultimate party dress for yourself. To make life a little easier, I’ve put together an edit of the best designer and high street styles which features everything from your classic LBD's, to embellish and fabric manipulated styles which even includes boudoir sultry pieces.
The little black dress is one of the most trusted wardrobe basics you can ever invest in. The LBD is that classic piece you can wear and never feel too under or overdressed in. The dress colour is of course black, which is the LBD's greatest style assest, black is colour that is always on trend, it always looks chic and versatile which makes dressing effortless no matter the occasion.
Look stunningly sophisticated in a black dress this party season, dazzling in a dress that you can re-invent season after season.
1. Cross back plunge midi dress by Rare- £29-Topshop.com-This black dress is the style pick to go for if you want make a sensual statement with all eyes on you at the office party. Wear this eloquent number with a pair of fluffy heels and box clutch for a party look that’s super stylish and on trend.
2. V neck faux leather shift dress-£38.62-Chicwish.com- Make an understated statement with this leather dress which is in a chic design, featuring black lace detailing in a V neck line and on hem of the skirt. Complete a fashion forward party look by teaming the piece with knee high boots, statement earrings with your hair tied up in slick high ponytail.
3. Turtle neck A line midi dress-£27.90-Yesstyle.co.uk- Roll necks, turtle necks, polo necks have been the most coveted style of the season and this black dress is the perfect way to subtly tap into the trend. The dress is in a long sleeve design with a white hem detailing. Rock this dress with pointed flats, oversized clutch with a duster coat perched over the shoulders the Celine way.
4. Black bandeau overlay dress-£60-Riverisland-If you’re looking for an eye popping look to wear this party season, then this strapless black dress with sheer side panels will not disappoint. This dress would look hot paired with gladiator inspired heels and gold cuff jewellery!
5. Fringed jacquard dress-£184-Theounet-Work texture in to your party look with this gun mental and black jacquard dress in an avant-garde design. Keep the rest of the look simple and team this dress with a leather jacket, double strap heels and miniature bag for ravishing in depth directional party look.
If there is one time of year to wear a bit of embellishment it’s got to be Christmas. Working these kinds of intricate fabrics like embellishment into a look will always instantly give your overall look that luxe aesthetic, taking your look into a new blinged out stratosphere without a bit of jewellery in site!
Look and feel special this Christmas in a dress that will instantly give your look that in depth and texture, where you can style these pieces that a dripping with sparkly and dynamic fabrics with luxe accessories, elevating your look to a style aesthetic to mesmerising spectacle.
1. Alexander McQueen Funnel -£13,550-Alexandermcqueen.com- Your Christmas would have well and truly come early if you’re able to rock this white mink and silk dress. This piece embodies the all things Christmas and should be rocked in a white look for maximum impact.
2. Peter Pilotto lexi dress-£ 1,962-Farfetch- This virgin wool pink dress is embellished with beautiful stones and beads in an edgy yet feminine design. Wear this piece with royal blue accessories to emphasise the embellished in the front of the dress.
3. Mary Katrantzou Tiki man dress-£6,995-Marykatrantzou.com- This stunningly bead encrusted forest green dress is tribal inspired masterpiece fit for Christmas or any special occasion. This fashion forward design would look great with anything from mules and clutch to ankle boots and a backpack.
4. Atec sequin oversized open back dress by Rare-£59-Topshop.com-This high street number is a great way to tap into some of the most extravagantly embellished couture and ready to wear embellished designs at a fraction of the price. This dress is in stylish design and cut which features an open back for that sultry touch.
5. Alessandra Rich lace insert dress-£2,217-Selfridges.com- This purchase oozes with luxe appeal embracing a sartorial inspired design that you can dress up or down for almost any kind of occasion. Rock this piece with heels or flat androgynous shoes for a on trend eloquent look.
Boudoir inspired fashion is a trend that has been evolved from the last couple of seasons. This trend sees pieces in luxe fabrics like lots of lace and silk. The night dress which featured in Chanel’s show a few seasons back has even see the trend develop into pyjama fashion.
These style picks will add that dash of feminine touch to any wardrobe where you can wear even wear these pieces in outfits for the weekend or in full knit lounge wear looks.
1. Adam lippes wrap gown-£1,821-Farfetch.com-If you want to make a statement at the Christmas party, this dress will ensure all eyes are on you in its mink pink wrap silk design which embraces a design that oozes fierce attitude.
2. Patricia embellished lace dress-£240-Theoutnet.com- A black dress with a lace roll neck design and feature details is a piece that can work for most stylish women, opt for metallic or nude and tan accessories for a divine party look.
3. Galliano knee length dress-£160-Yoox.com- In deep purple this stylish silk dress features lace details with off- beat hem line. This dress is super sexy and would look amazing with a brightly coloured wireless bra underneath.
4. Bluegirl Bluemarine-£588-Thecorner.com- This beautiful smock inspired design dress is in the most beautiful pink velvet featuring embossed silver in a striped like design. Team this with your favourite style of silver shoes and look like an angel perfect for the top of the Christmas tree!
Which dress would you most love to wear this Christmas?