Fashion week is creeping up on us faster than we know it, a couple of weekends to chill and we’re practically there. I have to admit, this has got me in a spot of bother because as usual I have no idea what I’ll be wearing!
It’s a little tradition of mine to get a little fashion week buy. Investing in a decent designer accessory is the way to go, you can get an extensive cost per wear from an accessory, which to me is the sensible route to go if don’t want to to chuck out a tatty impulse buy in a matter of weeks. I personally would much prefer to invest in a single item and treasure it forever, possibly even keeping it for the grandkids so they can have a little vintage in their lives.
Each season I do like to look at the trends as it helps to inspire my wardrobe buys, this season there’s no escaping certain trends, the bucket bag is one of them, a bag style I’d actually quite like and would love to work designer number into my everyday repertoire.
In addition to bucket bags, Circle bags are also trending. It’s a style pick that can almost work with any look and I’m in love with this season styles which embrace crazy prints and adornments in a rainbow of hues. A circle bag should have a rightful place on any fashionista’s accessory rack, they are not as big and as clumsy as the bucket bag, which is why I’ll be investing in a lightweight number as my fashion week buy because it’s a great alternative to a clutches in which I only tend favour a good old oversize, not to forget to mention the practicality of a circle piece which will make my life easier whilst snapping all the marvellous street style looks as I can easily perched it over my shoulder.
Chanel can be herald as this designer brand as the initiator of the circle bag epidemic, last season Karl Largefled sent his models down the runway with the gigantic hola hoop inspired bag. This season Marc by Marc Jacobs and Versace are a just a couple of designers that have adopted and developed the circle bag into their own stylish practical everyday pieces which have the stylish qualities to enhance any look.
Marc by Marc Jacobs/Versace
In celebration of the a bag style you can work into almost any look, I’ve pulled together an edit of the most affordable and stylish designs that will have heads turning at fashion week, making these circle bags more than worthy of your attention.
1. Cold Picnic X UO Round Shag Shoulderbag-£73-Urban Outfitters-This stunning shabby chic bag is in dynamic texturized design, which is all you need from a circle bag this season. Rock this piece with your everyday bo-ho inspired looks to for an authentic and stylish repertoire.
2. Kenzo-£156-SSense-This structured Kenzo shoulder bag features a eponymous logo in stunning cobalt blue and florescent yellow design which will add that colour pop with anything you pair it with.
3. Furry Round Cross body-£14.55-Asos- This cotton candy pink furry bag is the perfect way to tap into the fur trend and introduce texture into your weekday look.
4. JJ Winters-£45.00-Nordstorm rack- Practical and stylish this navy circle bag featuring gold studs is a versatile style pick you can wear season after season. This piece is perfect for the off-duty or work wear wardrobe, effortlessly enhancing your fashion forward looks.
5. Sara Barner-£440-Trevorsix-This circle bag is in the most minimalist tan design. It’s a classic piece, timeless in design in which you can pair with your most sophisticated ensembles for that chic finishing touch.
6. Valextra-£1,070-Stylebob-This black circle bag is in a style that you can never go wrong with, in black with gold details this bag will bring you endless joy with the endless ways you can style the piece.
7. Charlotte Olympia-£318-Matches- Inspired by the the love heart sweets this designer bag will be the key eye candy piece to your look. Have fun with a style that’s fun fresh and contemporary giving your style a distinct directional twist.
Which style pick would you go for?
Image source: http://www.fashiontimes.com, http://www.whowhatwear.com/